How do I get on base for preview days?
Unfortunately, the deadline for base pass applications has passed. However, anyone with an active military ID is able to escort you onto base if they are willing. Call your friends!
How do I register to bid?
- Create an account via the website here
- OR – Download the app on your phone and register there. Search “Best Recycling” in the App Store to find us
- Click on our Auction to open the lot listing
- Click on REGISTER TO BID button in the lot listing and enter your info
How do I bid?
- Once bidding opens on April 10th, you will see the BID NOW button on each lot
- Every lot you bid on will auto-populate in the YOUR ITEMS tab for easy tracking. You can also click the STAR button to move lots to the YOUR ITEMS list.
- You may set a MAX BID on any lot. The website will automatically bid on your behalf until your MAX BID amount is reached. Should two or more winning MAX BIDS of the same amount be entered by separate buyers, the buyer who pledged the first MAX BID with that amount will win the lot
- Lots may auto-extend by 60 seconds if a bid is placed in the last minute before closing
- At our discretion, some lots may be GROUPED with other similar lots. Lots that are grouped will not close until bidding ceases on all lots in the group. This ensures no overlap in closing times should buyers wish to bid on several similar lots. If a lot is grouped, you will see Group A, Group B, etc above the BID button
How do I pay?
- You will receive a final invoice via email after all lots close on Friday, April 12th.
- Pay online once the auction closes, or in person during pick-up.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, wire transfers, and cash.
- Sorry, we do not accept Amex or Discover
- You may pay with multiple methods for a single purchase. However, this is on a limited basis and only for purchases over $5,000
- The 10% premium and tax will be calculated on the invoice AFTER the lot closes. The bid counter does NOT reflect those costs.
- Please review our payment policy and other information here: http://6milellc.com/antarctic-auction/payments/
- There are NO REFUNDS. Please see our full Terms and Conditions here: http://6milellc.com/antarctic-auction/terms-of-use/
How do I get the items I won?
- Winning bidders MUST arrange all pick-up or delivery within the scheduled pick-up times. Six Mile is not equipped to make these arrangements.
- Items can be picked up in person with a commercial vehicle, or you can arrange for it to be shipped via the United States Postal Service (USPS), FedEx, UPS, or a freight hauler.
- FedEx and UPS do not deliver to PO Boxes. If your shipping address is a PO Box, please make arrangements to have your item shipped to a street address or your package will be returned to us at your expense.
- Six Mile will package your items for shipment, but will not arrange
- Items cannot be shipped internationally.
- We cannot be held responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen packages.
- Trucking Resources to call for shipping quotes
- Central Transport
- Dependable Highway Express
- YRC Freight (Yellow Roadway)
- JB Hunt
- PICK-UP TIMES:
- April 13th by appointment only and only for those with active military IDs
- April 15th – 17th from 8:30 AM PDT to 3:30 PM PDT.
- Please call 919-757-1049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a time. Otherwise, it will be first-come-first-serve loading. Please expect a wait.
- If you do not pick up your items within the pick-up window or make special arrangements, we will donate or dispose of your items at our discretion. There will be no refunds.
- All pick-ups MUST enter through the Victoria Gate, open 0600-1800, Mon – Fri (open for OUTBOUND traffic only after 1700). Closed Weekends and Holidays.
- Victoria Gate is south of the intersection of
Channel Islands Boulevard and Victoria Ave. Unfortunately, there is no street
address associated with this gate.
- Search for the Channel Islands Boulevard and Victoria Ave intersection on Google Maps and then go south.
- OR – traveling to Port Hueneme from the 101 either North or South, exit at Victoria Ave. and proceed south. Follow Victoria Ave. about 6 miles to the NBVC Victoria Gate entrance.
- We will email a Bill of Lading (BOL) and
invoice. You MUST bring both
documents with you when you arrive to base for pick-up.
- If you are sending a third party, you must provide them with both your Bill of Lading and invoice.
- We will email a Bill of Lading (BOL) and invoice. You MUST bring both documents with you when you arrive to base for pick-up.
- When you arrive to base, inform the guards you are there for pick-up. They will ask you to fill out a background check. Then, you will wait for clearance. This can take up to 2 hours. Six Mile has no control over this process, and cannot circumnavigate it. Please be patient.
- Requirements for access include:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid current registration and insurance
- BOL and invoice as mentioned above
- Greencards are acceptable, but they must be legal
- No DUIs, domestic violence, warrants, etc. This will cause a fail on the background check upon entrance and you will be denied access. Six Mile has no control over this process.
CLEARING THE GATE:
- Proceed to Track 13 – Building 510
- Traveling from Victoria Gate make a left on 23rd Avenue, a right on Patterson Road and a slight veer to the left on to Cargo Road – Track 13/Building 510/NBVC will be on the left.
- You must proceed directly from the gate to the auction area, and comply with all federal, state and local laws and NBVC Instructions while on board NBVC (Naval Base Ventura County) installations.
- Six Mile will provide propane warehouse forklifts and operators to load your items if needed, free of charge. We also have a loader for items over 10,000 lbs.
- A loading dock is available